Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ruby tuesday redefining itself

Recently I noticed that Ruby Tuesday was running a series of advertisements suggesting that the have redefined themselves as a more modern eating establishment. In the commercials they show around the restaurant with the changes they have made and they also make a point to mention that it is now " the new Ruby Tuesday". I find this funny though because as I was watching this commercial I realized I never knew much about Ruby Tuesday before. Of course seeing them driving around but I had only been in one, once before. To me the place was never that memorable because Applebees and Olive Garden were my go to restaurants but now Ruby Tuesdays has bought my attention because of their advertising pitch that they made it somehow better then before, so maybe this time they will be memorable.

Is saying that the restaurant has been made new really a good enough sales pitch to attract new customers, or customers who went but have not gone since. Or  do you think they should scrap the chain and find a new one?

No comments:

Post a Comment